Friday, September 12, 2008

Good Ol' No Bakes


My mom used to make these and then for years I had forgotten about them until one day at a potluck it was like seeing an old friend. I tried to capture a picture that did not look like a pile of "you know" but realized they are a cookie that tastes better then they look.

2 cups Sugar
4 T. cocoa
1 stick of butter
1/2 cup milk
1 cup peanut butter
1 T. Vanilla
3 cups Oatmeal
In a Sauce pan melt butter, sugar, cocoa and milk
Boil for 1 minute
mix in Peanut Butter (till dissolved), Vanilla and Oats
Drop or Plop on wax paper

...and if that is not enough chocolate for you on this fine friday, then try this receipe I am trying tonight.
Coffee mug chocolate cake
(receipe sounds similar to my chocolate molten cake so I shall investigate)
1 Coffee Mug
4 tablespoons flour(that's plain flour, not self-rising)
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons baking cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional) - or in my case - DUH!!
Small splash of vanilla - or in my case small pour
Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well . Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
Pour in milk and oil and mix well. Add the chocolate chips (if using- again refer to above) and vanilla, and mix again.
Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts (anyone know how to set that?)
The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!-Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired. EAT! (this can serve 2 (thighs?)
-Why is this the most dangerous cake recipe in the world? Because now we are all only 5 minutes away from chocolate cake at any time of the day or night!
Amen sisters!!!!

2 comments:

. said...

I love it!
Now I don't have to buy those teeny little Duncan-hines (or whatever they are) microwave chocolate cakes.

I think those are supposed to be in small portions for dieting, or something....but how can you NOT just heat up 5 of them? (I mean really!)

Dana said...

or 10?