Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Conversations with Seth


Seth is much like me, not a morning person. After 8 years of marriage, my husband knows to tread lightly and not converse AT ALL, but that all changes once I get my coffee. I have learned that if I nudge Seth to wake him and then leave the room he goes back to sleep - I can't really blame him. So now, I have him get out of bed and come into our bedroom and we "wake up slowly." We wait for a beep from a digital watch and then get up. Between us getting back to bed and the beep we have quiet conversations to help wake up to. This one happened this morning:
Mom: hey, Seth I think there is one more doughnut left, do you want it for breakfast?
Seth: hmmmmm, yes.
Mom: Do you want the whole doughnut or half and I can put the other half in your lunchbox?
Seth: Oh, I have a good idea: I can eat half and give you the other half because I love you so much.
Its the little things that get you.

0 comments: