Wednesday, September 10, 2008

An Apple a Day

It must be Fall because the bestest apples ever are in the store. If you get a chance to indulge in a Honeycrisp Apple do so. I love the changing seasons, even knowing that the snow will be upon us. The colors, the smell of crisp clean air, the putting away of summer items to make room for the event items: Halloween, Turkey day, Christmas. Pulling out the Harvest Yankee Candle, signing Seth up for Hockey, stashing the lawnmower in the shed and locating the shovels and sleds. We may try skiing this year and I may take snowboarding lessons with Seth - any thoughts to skiing vs. snowboarding as what to learn or do first?

2 comments:

. said...

Um....
snowboarding is the BOMB!

I skied when I was growing up.
I decided to start snowboarding when I was 20. I'm not sure which is better to start first...someone else might have a more experienced idea about that.

I just decided that I would like snowboarding before I started...and I did. Lots more falling at first (I think) than skiing, but it's just cool, so stick with it! (That's my two-cents.)

Definately just watch a bunch of Warren Miller movies to psych yourself up!

:-)

Dana said...

I think I shall give it a go - plus the clothes look really cool. Wanna meet in Whistler?