Sunday, October 5, 2008

Roadtrip to Williwaw

Happy Birthday roadtrip for Glen




No more tenting for us, we upgraded to a great travel camper and had to squeeze in one more outing - this time to Williwaw campground in the Portage Valley - about 45 minutes south of home.






Had to test run the oven, oh how those pan cookies made the camper smell so good, and then took a nap because the camper was coozy warm (okay, Seth was a bit too excited to be camping so he is pretending here and I could not get him to stop smiling and when I insisted he just started laughing which became contagious and we all started laughing. So then we went for a walkabout.


see that tiny little white speck in the tree about mid picture, nearer to the top? - thats an Eagle and this is the last time I go on a walkabout without my big lens.



3 comments:

Dana said...

Okay, its bugging me so I am going to ask - who is visiting me from New York? Please help me sleep at night.

Loi said...

What a gorgeous campground. What glacier is that? Hey, we could have sold you our motorhome. Tony wants to go back to a truck and camper. As long as it has a furnace, I'll be okay!

Dana said...

Not sure of the glacier name, but you can see it from the road that leads to the Portage Visitor Center on the right.

When we talked about getting something I said nothing with an engine so we went with a travel camper that can be pulled with Glens car. I am excited to get using it next summer.

The furnace is key though