Thursday, October 16, 2008

Kid Logic & Conversations with Seth

Brought Seth to the club today and Savanna (co-worker & past babysitter) offered Seth some french fries. She was having ranch sauce, the ever popular ketchup replacer, for dipping the fries.

I actually prefer Tartar sauce and you can blame a late night stop to Zips in Spokane - it was all the rage then and it has stuck.
Anyhoo, I told Seth not to double dip, he asked what that was. Then I realized I needed to explain because this is the child that loves ketchup so much that you wonder if its the fry he is eating or the ketchup. Would you like Fries with your Ketchup little guy? So after swim lessons and in between heading to his school's movie night (so happy to be home right now) he got to finish off his fries. So a voice from the back of the car says (not asks) "mom, if you are all by yourself with fries you can double dip." Apparently, the ranch is a hit. I told him yes and then asked for a fry, he then asked me if I wanted it dipped. I hesitated, but thankfully we are family and I said "sure" even if it's not tartar sauce.

1 comments:

. said...

Have you ever had FRY SAUCE?
It's a staple french fry dip in Idaho and Utah. Mix 1 part ketchup and 1 part mayo (not miracle whip). Seriously....I really think you'll like it. Try it!