Monday, October 13, 2008

Been out of town

Photobucket
I had my camera, but when you are either in meetings all day or combat shopping with limited time you tend to prioritize. Julie and I attended a Regional Volleyball Directors meeting in Colorado Springs, normally our volleyball commish Gary would attend but he is off making thousands in the Iraqi desert.

Glen got to play Mr. mom and I am happy to report that the kids are safe and sound. I even missed Seth scoring his first goal, but was able to listen to a little voice from Sydney on the phone babble on about something - just good to hear her voice.

We were able to fly in a day early for shopping opportunities and everytime we were asked for our zip code people would say "where is that?" and we would tell them Alaska - then of course we would get the question "so what do you think about Palin?" It did seem that most who asked were in favor of her. I was called a maverick just once in the meetings and ironically it came from the Arizona Commish.

Gary and Mike if you are reading: the airline people did not share your humor when you listed us as needing wheelchair assistance because we were described as blind and deaf. Nor did the homeland security guy when he was reviewing our boarding pass. Revenge is a dish best served cold my friends - mark my words.

1 comments:

saskrip said...

Hope you enjoyed your trip to Colorado Springs. Hard to believe that 24 years (yikes!) have passed since I had a great trip there at the OTC.