Thursday, August 7, 2008

Great Moments

As a sporto I am a big, huge, faithful fan of the olympics. I can set aside political, moral, civil issues that people use as why places should not hold the Olympics and enjoy the 2 weeks of competition that brings the world together on one big stage. Anchorage once made a serious push to hold the winter Olympics, but did not get the bid - not sure what we would do with all those venues afterwards. Although for some reason all these hotels keep getting built so I wonder if there is a bigger plan going on. I have already told my boss at work that if we ever do get the bid, that I will be busy being one of their biggest volunteers and she said she would join me. So let's start the games by 2 of my most memorable events that I saw. Game on.




The proud moment when Joan Benoit won the 1984 Marathon on our own soil and the chills you get from Gabrielle Andersen as she suffers from heat exhaustion, but has the determination to finish - inspiring.

0 comments: