Saturday, August 16, 2008

Get your Oats



What better way to get your Oats, but in the form of a cookie. I love oatmeal cookies, without raisins and of course with chocolate chips. The problem though with my receipe is that the cookies were a bit on the dry side - that was until I visited my Aunt Peg in Alpena, Michigan and discovered the secret: Intstant Vanilla Pudding. Just for shins and grins I also tried Instant Chocoloate Pudding and the results were the same - moist. So here is the wonderful receipe:

1 1/4 cup unsifted flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 cup softened butter
1/4 cup granualted sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 package of Instant Vanilla Pudding (4 serve size)
2 eggs
3 1/2 cup Oatmeal

Combine sugars, pudding mix & butter till creamy
add Eggs
add flour and soda and stir in oatmeal
* Chocolate chips always optional in my house, as many or as little as your heart desires


350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.





and it looks like I will be passing the receipe on

1 comments:

Jeremy and Kamie said...

Add pudding to cake mix too - same result...very moist and yummy cake. Or just go buy one at Sugar Spoon.