Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mom's Day

The Images of Mother
4 YEARS OF AGE ~ My Mommy can do anything!
8 YEARS OF AGE ~ My Mom knows a lot! A whole lot!
12 YEARS OF AGE ~ My Mother doesn't really know quite everything.
14 YEARS OF AGE ~ Naturally, Mother doesn't know that, either.
16 YEARS OF AGE ~ Mother? She's hopelessly old-fashioned
18 YEARS OF AGE ~ Mom, you think you are so hip.
25 YEARS OF AGE ~ Well, she might know a little bit about it.
35 YEARS OF AGE ~ Before we decide, let's get Mom's opinion.
45 YEARS OF AGE ~ Wonder what Mom would have thought about it?
65 YEARS OF AGE ~ Wish I could talk it over with Mom.
(author unknown)

A bitter sweet day for me. A day I get to hug my kids and hear them giggle, but also a day for me to think about my mom and how she would have adored her grandchildren and possibly share a few laughs about raising kids. When this day comes around I feel a bit cheated because we went through the tough growing up part of life but we are missing out on the fun living as friends part of life. Miss ya, mom.

I never gave much thought to being a mom. I grew up playing sports, did good in school, went to college, came home and got my career going. When I met Glen, my life and future went to a whole different level. When we decided to start a family it seemed like the next thing to do and it felt right. Seth and Sydney come along and there is no manual on parenting - you just want to keep them safe, entertained, provide opportunities, let them learn, sometimes just hope for the best and at the end of the day when they tell you they love you - you just melt and think I am doing something right.

2 comments:

. said...

I liked this post!
....and I totally agree 100% with all of it.

I really like the picture, too!

Jeremy and Kamie said...

Loved this post.