Sunday, February 3, 2008

Wire Trees by Steve Panarelli


" Little One"
may find its way to my house. It is the smaller one, the green one is called "Full Son" and the taller one is called "Straight up".



On the first friday of each month galleries, coffee shops, boutiques and novelty shops downtown organize and promote an artist of their choosing. It's a great opportunity to meet the artists. This past friday our gallery presented Steve Panarelli, an artist from Homer who loved to maintain Bonsai trees, but with all his travels he was neglecting them so he decided to make trees out of wire. The grand tree is the Copper King and he used up to 850 feet of copper wire. Over time it will change its patina, much like the Statue of Liberty. Wish I could bring this gem home, but it costs $6200. Any takers?



2 comments:

AK Tree whisperer said...

Thank you for your post. I am very appreciative. I just wish I found it sooner. You can see more of my creations at
myspace1treewhisperer. Thanks again and look for more to come.

Dana said...

you do great work and are getting lots of ooohs and ahhhs from people visiting the Artic Rose Gallery. I am also seeing several people visit my post to see the items.