Saturday, June 28, 2008

My Shero

I am not really sure how this came about, but I will chalk it up to the universe reconcilling good karma and the kindness of Lindsey and Beth to think of me. Last night I got to see Wynonna perform a free concert on Elemendorf Air Force base for the military and Alaska's 50th year celebration. Whether she is singing country, gospel or "America the Beautiful" her voice just carries power, attitude, and faith. She has had struggles through life and reclaimed herself through the strength of her family and her faith and her music is nothing short of inspiring - sometimes its what makes me get to do another half mile on the treadmill.


Then about 4 songs into it mom came on stage and the crowd went wild. I remember watching their last concert together in my dorm room. They picked up where they left off that night and wowed the crowd. As F-15's flew by and straight up into the air Wynonna just shook her head and said "showoffs" and then followed that with "they can't stand having a girl in charge." I love her comments "its not age, its attitude" and Naomi says, "every ending gives new beginnings."





5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Im glad you had an awesome night! She is a Shero!!!

. said...

Wow!

Cool!
I'm glad you got to see them!
And it looks as though you were really CLOSE too!

Dana said...

I wormed my way to the front of the stage and was about 4 people away from it. Used some zoom, but saw tears in her eyes when they did a part where families were able to teleconference with their dads in Iraq - very cool.