Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The mind of a 6 yr. old




We are introducing Seth to some of our favorite movies so we have gone from Star Wars to Indiana Jones. So as Seth and I are sharing a big bowl of kettle corn he realizes that Indiana Jones looks a lot like Hans Solo. In a very hesitating whisper and in deep thought he says, "mom, I think that is Hans Solo." I tried to explain that it is the same actor who plays both characters, but he could not wrap his mind around that and insisted his hame is Hans Solo - "only, this Hans Solo uses a whip thing." At different times of the movie Seth would say "see he talks like Hans Solo or he runs like Hans Solo, and he even smiles like Hans Solo." I basically gave up trying to rationalize with the 6 year old mind.

2 comments:

. said...

Dana....
I just read your comment on the blog.....

You need to write a book.
Seriously.
I'm so excited that I've started my book today and I've already been working on it for 5 hours. I've made a decision to not scrapbook anymore.

I LOVE Blurp. It is Awesome! I'm just going to design these books (instead of scrapbooks) from now on. After I finish the farm one, I'm going to do one on my family and youth (since I have all my moms pictures). I think I'm going to make one for my 80 year-old dad and give it to him for Christmas (including family history stories that I remember, etc).

These books look SO professional and the layouts are GREAT (once you get familiar with them...the sky's the limit). Try it! Good luck!

I would say DO IT NOW. I always said that when I came home from Canada, that I would sit down with my mom and record all these stories. I never had that chance. Write those things down that you remember....scan in the photos....this will be priceless to you and your family.

You can do it!

Dana said...

I KNOW. I went to it and just started to see how easy it was. I have already spent about 2 hours"slurping" my blog posts and now I am thinking of theme books, seth's life, Sydneys life, vacations, personal thoughts. What an incredible thing - and I have not played around with it much and am already impressed. I like how you can add more text to the pictures and do more journaling. And I have yet to get into borders, etc.

A friend of mine sent in her wedding pictures to Apple and they made a beautiful book, hard back. It is a masterpiece.

Now I feel like I should get more profound in my blog posts. Bummer the videos don't play - that would be too Harry Potterish.