Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Do we have enough flour?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
So I have been in a few stores the past few days and am amazed that I am hearing Christmas music and seeing Christmas decor. I actually saw some Christmas stuff back in October when I was looking for Halloween items. I refuse to purchase anything for Christmas until after Thanksgiving - my little big corporate rebellion. But I do start planning in my head.

One of my favorite things about the holiday season is the baking. I have some great memories of making peanut butter with chocolate kiss cookies, Reeses cups, and sugar cookies with my mom.

Every year Glen and I discuss when to add the chocolate kiss to the cookie - I say right when they come out of the oven and he says when you put the cookie into the oven. See my way, the kiss does not melt down and keeps its peak. Glen wonders how the kiss is going to keep attached if its not melted into the cookie. I tried to tell him the heat of the cookie melts the base of the kiss to the cookie. By the time we agree to disagree most of the chocolate kisses have been eaten anyway. What do you think?

Glen is well known for his Christmas cookies and mails out a bunch to people who apparently expect them every year. Check out this site for some cookie receipes under their KITCHEN link that I am sure I will be trying. Its also a fun Christmas site for kids.

7 comments:

Krissy said...

Two votes from the Floyd/Aasland house - the kisses go on AFTER you bake the cookies. How else do you get hte picture perfect craks in the peanut butter cookie. Dana - just bake the cookies when a football game is one and then GR will be easily distracted and you can add the kisses when you are supposed. I look forward to seeing you - one week to go!

Dana said...

Dana 2 Glen 0

Thelma said...

dad says after they are baked, mom says before they are baked..
one way to find out is to have gr put
the kisses on half the cookies and
dana you put them on after they are baked. when they have cooled turn
them over to see if the kisses stay
on .good luck dana.
Glenn

Dana said...

Okay, but the rule goes that if you touch em' you gotta eat em'

Sally S said...

You put them on immediately AFTER they come out of the oven! That gives the kisses the glossy look once they have cooled.

Dana said...

One more reason to like my sister in laws - they agree with me. whoo hooo.

Sue Cavazos said...

GR, GR, I am sad and dissapointed!! Yes the kiss goes on AFTER the cookies are baked!!

Sue