Sunday, November 25, 2007

Ice Fishing - Fairbanks

I have lived in Alaska since I was 3 and this is the first time I have ever been ice fishing. Brent reserved the Ice House and that is really the way to go. It has a nice wood stove and keeps the place toasty - it did help that it was 20 degrees already. Seth caught the first fish of the day and as a proud fisherman, reminded us of it all day. He got a bite and with all the excitement the only thing he could say was "whoa, whoa, I think I got one, whoa whoa" The rule was one fish gets you one doughnut hole. Brent was the master fisherman, pulling one up about every 2 minutes. He even switched holes with Krissy who felt she had a bad hole, but then Brent caught one there as soon as they switched - he was using the yellow cheese wiz type bait with glitter. What a great day and the whole time we are talking about ice fishing part of the Grumpy Old Men movies. I told Brent that even though he was catching all the fish I still won't throw one in the back of his truck.

0 comments: