Wednesday, January 28, 2009

He cannot tell a lie

I am not against fast food, its just that if I want a hamburger we (okay, Glen) makes better ones at home. I don't deprive the kids fast food but would prefer something healthier and Glen takes them more then I do - so they get their share of it. I have had talks with Seth because whenever we head up the hill the last thing we see are the "Golden Arches" and he always asks to stop and I say "we are almost home we can eat something more healthy there, you can't eat at Mcdonalds all the time its not healthy". Oh, the bad mom that disappoints the child. He gets over it. Well, Glen had to hustle home and take the kids to hockey and here is the conversation I had with Seth when i got home and noticed they had stopped by some place:

mom: Seth did you go to Mcdonalds?
Seth: oh, no mom (as if he was in trouble and said the right thing tone)
Mom: Then what's that? (pointing to the take out bag)
Seth: Oh, we went to Carls Jr.

Like that is any better - actually, the famous star burger and a milkshake is really good.

3 comments:

. said...

Healthier? ...not so sure...

"Better?" ...DEFINATELY!

Anonymous said...

that is so funny!

i love carl's jr!

saskrip said...

Their milk shakes are the best! I admit that we rarely went to McDonalds, and it was usually following one of Josh's many doctor appointments regarding the cleft palete just to get a milk shake. After this year's cleft palete clinic he decided that Carl's Jr. was the ONLY place to go and get a milk shake!