Wednesday, October 17, 2007

A new haunt


The doors to Modern Dwellers Chocolate Lounge finally opened and I had to go satisfy my curiosity. I walked in and was greeted by Zoe, the owner, and an offering to sample a chocolate drink. I picked the Maya Chocolate drink and wow was my first thought. Its a warm, thick and rich chocolate elixir that has a kick at the end. Very unique truffles - like the salmon truffle with a piece of dried salmon on top - may require a bit of convincing on my part. I went with the mainstay Mint Truffle and a lavender truffle - both will have me coming back for more.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE THIS PLACE.
I stoped in there one night after work, I had just done a very good deed for a stranger and I felt I deserved a special treat. :)

Walking in the front door, I was very impressed with the interior design. I felt like I was back in Seattle. Everything is perfect... tables, displays, flooring, rugs, chairs, colors, art, jewelry, t-shirts.... everything seems to flow perfect. These ladies know what they are doing!

The chocolate is something else, I suggest everyone stop by there and taste it all! You will be hooked.

Anchorage has needed something like this for a while, Thanks Zoe for being so cool!

Jeremy and Kamie said...

where is this place at?

Dana said...

This wonderful new place is in the new strip mall right before Mooses Tooth. You will see a Quiznos on the corner of it. So Old Seward and 36th.

Sally S said...

Another reason for a trip, soon, to Anchorage!