Thursday, October 4, 2007

Found her courage

I can be changed by what HAPPENS to me.
I refuse to be REDUCED by it.

In the face of such uncertainty.
believe in these two things -

you are stronger than you think, and you are
not alone
*** Maya Angelou


I have a friend that finally found the courage to take her and her 2 daughters out of a horrible relationship. The "husband" was the most controlling man I have ever heard of and let's just say Dr. Phil would have a hay day with him. Even the marriage counselor at their church said he had to change his view of marriage. I applaud my friend for standing up to him and being a great example for her daughters. We only get one go around down here and I can already see her happiness, self-esteem, and confidence coming back. Way to go!

1 comments:

Nicole said...

Hi Dana. I am proud of your friend, too.