Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Conversations with Seth

Seth loves ice cream and he is starting to help himself in the kitchen. Last night, before brushing his teeth and bed, he reminded me that I said he could have ice cream. Granted I had told him that about 5 hours prior - the boy has a memory!!!! especially when it comes to ice cream. He will even say, "mom, remember you said I could have ice cream yesterday and I never got any?" oops.

So he helped himself with a bowl last night and the talk went like this:

Seth: where is that big scooper?
Mom: in the green crock by the coffee maker.
Seth: yes, thats the big one.
Mom: you want me to do it?
Seth: no, I can do it. {gets scooper} boy, this ice cream is tough, but I am tougher.
Mom: Let it stand and melt some, it will be easier to scoop.
Seth: Mom, I am stronger then the ice cream.
Mom: fine, don't eat the whole carton.

few minutes later:
Seth: mom, I finished with the scooper and put it back.
Mom: back where? (no, he could not have)
Seth: back where I got it.
Mom: (walking to the crock, yes he did) Did you wash it before putting it back?
Seth: Oh, darn it, no.
Mom: Good grief child!!

1 comments:

Loi said...

I wonder if I could get away with doing dishes like that. I might have to "borrow" his act :-)