Sunday, March 1, 2009

Running with the Reindeer


The second annual running of the reindeer grew 2 more herds this year. Turning out to be one of the better money makers for the Fur Rondy. They have a male herd, female herd, couples herd and a group herd. This big fella was right behind us and I did see him drop his nose a bit, but they mainly just wanted to get to the hay at the end of the 2 blocks we had to run. The sun was out, the strange Alaskans did not disappoint - especially the two men with beards in drag that tried to run with the female herd and no one got gord


The Posse

Front row: Lindsey, Beth Backrow: Julie, me, Steve, Jana

2 comments:

The Curtis Family said...

I cannot believe it's Fur Rondy right now up there, and it's supposed to hit 90 here today. I just remember how cold it always is during Fur Rondy! Brrrr. But I'll be complaining come July, just you wait.

Dana said...

it was a lovely 20 degrees downtown yesterday for the event. Crazy how that can feel "warm"

Seth was born on a day it hit 105 in Tempe. I did not mind it though - we had a pool to jump into in our backyard - man I miss that.