Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Life Lessons

Most recently I have learned a few life lessons:

1. when at your husband's company Christmas party and he is introducing you to people don't stand too close to the man because as he turns and extends his arm towards you it will slam into the glass of wine you are holding and spill all over your nice gold coldwater creek blouse and drip down to your nice cream linen slacks. You will hear someone command, "club soda, now dana, club soda, go" You will try to remain calm while giving your husband the look of "I'm going to kill you, right after I go get my club soda and hit the ladies room, that's if I come back."

2. when re-heating your peppermint mocha in the microwave, take the top off of the kaladi cup so that it does not explode and paint the inside of the microwave brown. This reminds me of another lesson learned many moons ago: when trying to soften up marshmellows by using the microwave, stop yourself - its not a good idea - they explode too. No marshmellow treats for me that day.

3 comments:

Loi said...

Coldwater Creek? I LOVE that store. I'm sure "that look" also conveyed to your husband that he needs to buy you a very generous gift certificate from Coldwater Creek, and offer to do the dishes for the next week, and take out the garbage, and.....

Dana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dana said...

I know why we are friends now, we think along the same lines.