Monday, December 3, 2007

Merry Music

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Besides baking and eating Christmas cookies I love this time of year for the music. Unlike my good college buddy Laura (hi there, oh your Ravens came so close to giving Brady & Co. a notch in the L column)- I can listen to it all day everyday. We have a radio channel that starts playing Christmas music from Thanksgiving to the 26th of December. I am a fan of the classics sung by Bing, Andy Williams, Deno and Sinatra and even some the more recent voices of the day - but only if the artist sticks to the original sound of the song. I have a very hard time when Mariah Carey is moaning though Silent Night or when Billy Gilman (all of 8 years old) is talking about Decking the Halls or when Kenny G is turning a 2:30 long song into one drown out trumpt tune. And on the same note (no pund intended)I like telling people MERRY CHRISTMAS - not happy holidays or seasons greetings and I heard the other day they want to rename the CHISTMAS TREE to something like season grand tree. UGH. So Laura, next time you hear The Little Drummer boy - best sung by Andy Williams - think of me because that is my favorite. Rump a pum pum.

1 comments:

lyoung said...

I do like Christmas music, just not in November. That and I think the mall I go to replays the same stuff. As for MNF... we should have beat the Pats. Been a long season... looking forward to going home in Jan even though it is nice to still be in the hunt!